Stick With Your New Years Resolutions
How To Keep Up With Your Fitness Resolutions
The new year is almost here, so now's the time to start thinking not only about what your New Year's resolutions will be, but also about just how you're going to make sure you stick to them as the weeks go on. Here are some tips on how to plan ahead so you can stick with your fitness goals well beyond January!
- Set a Schedule: One of the most important ways you can stick to your goals is by scheduling your workouts. By adding workouts to your calendar, you'll be more apt to remember them as well as keep exercise a priority when things get hectic.
- Do Your Prep: Can't seem to wake up in time to find a workout outfit, get something to eat, andthen get to working out? Make sure you prep for the next day's workout before you go to sleep. Having an ice-cold water bottle or a full set of exercise clothes laid out will make all the difference in making sure you're not rushing around in the morning (as well as keep you motivated to not let all that prep go to waste). Read more tips for planning for the next day's workout here.
- Take It Easy: Don't think you have to go all out every day. Make sure that you take time for a rest day during your workouts. Whether you take time for a massage to rehab weary muscles or a light-intensity workout, take advantage of your workout rest day.
- Stock Up on Wardrobe Basics: A new exercise routine calls for an extensive workout wardrobe (if you don't want to be doing laundry nonstop, that is). Stock up on odor-reducing, moisture-wicking performancewear; wearing fitness-specific clothes instead of an old t-shirt makes all the difference when you're drenched in sweat. Invest in a few quality performance items.
- Find What Motivates You: Whether it's rewarding yourself with a small gift when you reach a minigoal or starting a workout club with fitness-minded friends, having something that keeps you on the right exercise path is important.
Article courtesy of FitSugar