Prize Giveaways: Playa Hotels & Resorts will provide four (4) total 4-day/3-night all-inclusive vacations at any Hilton All Inclusive Resort within the Playa Hotels & Resorts portfolio as prizing across WKJY-FM and WBZO-FM for the aforementioned contest. Prize inclusive of $900.00 to be used towards airfare for 2 adults provided by Playa Hotels & Resorts.Each prize will include:One (1) voucher for a Four (4) days/ Three (3) night\’s stay for winner and one (1) guest in one (1) standard category room at winner\’s choice of Hilton Playa del Carmen in Mexico, Hilton La Romana in the Dominican Republic, or Hilton Rose Hall in Jamaica. Maximum of double occupancy, under the standard all-inclusive package (including meals, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and daily resort activities). Prize inclusive of $900.00 to be used for airfare for two (2) provided by Playa Hotels & Resorts. Ground transportation between the airport and the resort or any upgrades outside of the standard all-inclusive package are not included.Prize voucher is redeemable only at Hilton Playa del Carmen, Hilton La Romana or Hilton Rose Hall. Prize vouchers for hotel & air must be redeemed and travel to be completed no later than 12/6/2020. Prize voucher for both hotel and air may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Hotel prize voucher is subject to blackout dates disclosed at the time of prize award. Resort blackout dates include but are not limited to: ALL MAJOR US HOLIDAYS and the winter holiday period from December 15th – January 10th.ARV of the total prize package inclusive of hotel & air is up to $3786.00Giveaway is open only to individuals who are legal residents of any one (1) of the (50) United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico who are at least the age of 18. This prize package is non-transferable, has no cash value and cannot be extended or replaced if destroyed, lost or stolen. Entire resort stay must be completed by 12/6/2020 and no extension will be given after the prize has expired. Following the identification of the winner, an affidavit will be sent to the recipients for completion. Upon receiving the signed affidavit from the winner, a hotel certificate packet will be issued by Playa Hotels & Resorts. Upon receipt of the prize certificate, the winner should contact [email protected] in order to book their stay. Bookings are based upon availability. Certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for booking their own airfare on any airline of their choice. No additional funds will be awarded to the winner should the airfare for two exceed $900.00. Winner is responsible for any flight costs, baggage fees, penalties, etc. levied by the airline prior, day of, or after the flight, above the $900.00 provided for airfare from Playa Hotels & Resorts.Expiration 12/6/2020*Any applicable additional costs above the provided stipend amount including, but not limited to, seat assignment, baggage fees, etc. are determined by selected airline and will be the responsibility of the prize winner. Resort stays must be booked followed by airfare. Airfare stipend and/or resort certificate cannot be transferred to a second party, cannot be extended beyond prize expiration date and is valid for the destination of Playa del Carmen, La Romana and Rose Hall, only. *Please note once flights have been confirmed any penalties associated with a change in reservation/itinerary above the provided stipend amount will be the responsibility of the prize winner. *Space is subject to availability at time of booking.Prizewinner and guest must be at least 18 years of age.Contest begins on Thursday, November 20th, and runs weekdays through Friday, December 13th, except Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th.KJOY 98.3 will announce a \”Christmas Code\” on-air shortly after 9am, 1pm, and 4pm on contesting days. When the code word is announced, text it to 51879 within ten minutes for a chance to qualify. Message and data rates may apply, depending on your wireless provider and your plan. One text entry per code word is permitted. With three different code words per contesting day, you may enter three different times per day.Grand prize winners will be drawn and announced during the week of December 16, 2019.
General Contest Rules
The following are contest rules for WKJY-FM (“the station” or “sponsor”) which is owned and operated by Connoisseur Media and its affiliated companies (“CMLI”). References to actions being taken by the station in these rules shall include actions taken by CMLI, their employees and agents. The following rules cover common contests on the station and are superseded by rules specific to individual contests.
- Contest is open to legal U.S. residents of the Nassau/Suffolk listening area and the New York City borough of Queens as defined by Nielsen Audio and who are age 18 or older. Employees of CMLI, its affiliated radio stations, and their respective affiliated and subsidiary companies and members of the immediate families or households of such employees are not eligible. Void where prohibited. No purchase is necessary for entry.
- GENERAL PRIZE INFORMATION. One winner per household per sixty (60) days. Winners of prizes valued at more than six hundred dollars ($600) must wait a total of six (6) months before becoming eligible to win additional prizes from WKJY-FM. Qualifiers must reside or be employed within the geographic listening area of WKJY-FM. Prize winners must present valid identification and proof of age to claim prize. Winner is subject to state, local, and federal taxes where applicable. If for any reason the winner is unable to utilize the prize on the dates given, subsequent draws will be made until a qualified winner is drawn. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitute prizes will be awarded under any circumstances. Prizes may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. Prizes may be claimed at least twenty-four (24) hours after winning, and within sixty (60) days, at 234 Airport Plaza Boulevard, Suite 5, Farmingdale, NY 11735. Pick-up hours are Business Days, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. In the event of any disagreement regarding contestants, winners or qualification of winners, or adequacy or value of the prize, the decision of Connoisseur Media shall remain final. All prizes will be awarded. Prize winners must sign hold harmless and indemnity agreement, agreeing to hold WKJY-FM, its licensee, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest. Void where prohibited.
- GENERAL: By participating, entrants agree (a) to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the station and its agents, which decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) if their name is selected as a winner, to the announcement on-air of their name and, if it is determined by sponsor to confirm their winning in-person, to having such confirmation taped, filmed and recorded for use on air or in any other media; and (c) to release, discharge and hold harmless the station, CMLI, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents from any liability, claims, losses, damages and injuries arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use of a prize; and (d) that the station, CMLI, their subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective directors, employees and agents are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, malfunction, defect or delay of any kind in telephone calls, radio transmissions or on-line or internet submissions or for the failure of the station or CMLI to receive telephone calls for any reason, or for any computer or software malfunction of any kind affecting the proper execution of this Contest or for late, lost, illegible or damaged mail or entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or terminate the Contest in its entirety or partially should it become technically corrupted for any reason or because of non-authorized human intervention. CMLI and the station are not responsible for typographical or other technical or administrative errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize. Contest rules are subject to change without written advance notice.
- PRIZE AWARD: All prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. All prize(s) are non-transferable. Inability to accept or deliver a prize within thirty days of its award will result in the forfeiture of that prize. Each winner must provide station with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Failure to timely provide such information and/or any other reasonably required documentation including, without limitation, a release and affidavit of eligibility, may result in a delay in receiving prize(s) or the forfeiture thereof. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet eligibility requirements. Any person winning in excess of Six Hundred Dollars and 00/100 ($600.00) or receiving anything with a value of Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00) or more from the station or any affiliated radio station in any contest, including this Contest, as determined by CMLI in its sole discretion, will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of the 1099 will be filed with the IRS. Each winner shall be solely responsible for paying any and all applicable Federal, State, local or other taxes. This includes prizes, if applicable, for travel, lodging, entertainment, special events, automobiles, or any other thing of value. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the station and CMLI the permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices and likeness in connection with the promotion (via print, broadcast or other forms of media) of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, compensation or remuneration for such use. By calling the contest lines, participant acknowledges that their voice(s) and name(s) may be recorded and used for broadcast or other promotional purposes.
- TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT: Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function may not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. CMLI, and the station disclaim all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, mis-dial or misdirected calls, acts beyond the sponsor’s or station’s control, or otherwise. CMLI, and the station disclaim all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission or other delivery method. CMLI, and the station are not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
- By entering a contest on WKJY-FM, each participant in the contest, including all winners, acknowledge that WKJY-FM and Connoisseur Media will have the right to reproduce, publicize, and broadcast his or her name, likeness, and all matters incidental thereto without compensation. Anytime the on-air studio is called, it is assumed by the caller that the phone call is being recorded and may be broadcast. The caller grants permission to station to broadcast the call or record the call for later broadcast
- CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES. All rules specific to individual contests are created by WKJY-FM Management, and its legal counsel if necessary. Decision of Connoisseur Media management with regard to rules, specifications, qualifiers, winners, and prizes, is final.
- In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), station’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as station awarding the prize to the winner. Station shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Station shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto
- These are the official contest rules of WKJY-FM. These rules may be subject to change without notice if necessary to comply with the Telecommunications Act of 1996, rules and regulations of the FCC, or any applicable law.For a free copy of these rules, or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
234 Airport Plaza Boulevard
Farmingdale, NY 11735