East Farmingdale, NY- Fourth of July celebrations are almost synonymous with fireworks but not everyone loves a good firework display, especially some of our four legged friends at home. This year ahead of the July 4th celebrations, the Suffolk County SPCA has offered some helpful do’s and don’ts on how to keep your furry family members safe and comfortable during the evening hours this holiday weekend.
- Don’t bring your pets to a loud and crowded fireworks display
- Do make sure your pets are wearing collars with identification tags
- Consider keeping pets in an escape-proof area of the home
- Try playing music for pets, to help drown out the sound of fireworks
- Keep pets away from sparklers and fireworks as they could suffer burns
Additionally, experts say some pet owners may want to consider contacting their Veterinarian to discuss other options to keep your pet safe this holiday season.
Photo: (AP Photo/Elaine Thompson)
By Brett Levine